Twitter Me

Monday, April 07, 2008

Spring Forward

So what is going on in my life?


(2-3 weeks ago) The Entertainment/TV center finally came after weeks of waiting for Ikea to deliver it...
Problem is I had a problem... The 2 who worked on it treated me like a stupid female that didn't know anything...
First they wanted me to sign a waiver that if they hit a power line or water pipe they were not responsible... Signing this gives them permission to be sloppy...
but I had to sign or they wouldn't assembled the damn thing..

I gave them Fire's tool (Black and Decker) that shows where water or power lines are (since they didnt have one) and they refused to use it...



I knew they weren't doing it right, Hey Dad was a carpenter and build some nice things...
I kept calling Fire and saying I wish you were here...

The lead guy (the only one who spoke) wasn't rude just a smart @...

I noticed gaps when this was suppose to be one solid piece (no gaps) he kept laying heavy drills and tools on it even used it as a stepping stool :O

as a result he scratched it up...

He didn't measure so he put the whole in the wall in the wrong place and had to drill another
Why because it was why their were gaps..

See the manual calls for one drilled whole in the center with a bracket to keep it from toppling down that is it but he thinks it is best to have 2 one on each side

So not only now do I have 2 wholes behind this more than I should have but by putting 2 brackets it pulled it flush against the wall so tight that you can't put the wires through as was designed (it is designed to hold a big screen flat TV that goes on the wall),

So you can't mount the TV or put the wires in the back to the DVD player VCR and such
the drawers are falling apart from where they didnt assemble them right

and if I hadnt pitched a fit that it had glass sliding doors they wouldnt have even put them up
As it was they put the shelves in backwards and force screw wholes because they didnt fell like taking it all apart and starting over

They didnt assemble the safety bars for the doors and when a piece of the door rollers were broken they used super glue to fix it instead of calling Ikea.

Did I complain? Yes but he had a smart remark for everything (the walls are uneven the floor is bowed etc..)

When I asked to leave the booklet (assembly booklet) they didn't

Fire came home and used his level thing tool I seen Dad always use and guess what our floors and walls are not uneven

They just did what dad would call a half @ss job...

So we called Ikea complained and sent pictures of this...

Now this thing cost us (with the cost of assembling) 3K$ (equivalent).

It is now almost 3 weeks and they havent contacted us... I think they are ignoring us...



Finally heard from Interdean about our DVD player. We had insured our DVD player for 500 € and the DVD's for 13€ a piece (and Fire's work payed for the insurance - 600€)

They said we had to take it in to a shop and they (interdean) would pay that bill...
It was 90 CHF (56.76€) and to repair it was close to 300 CHF... (189.20€)

So they won't give us the 500€ (792.80CHF) which is reasonable... What they should give us is the cost to fix it and the cost of the looking at the DVD... but they refused and here is why...

They said the company will take 90 CHF off the purchase price if we buy a new DVD player..

Now granted we are going to buy a new one because ours is 9 years old and out dated (no HD and stuff) but for them to refuse us that 90 is wrong...

however we decided not to argue with them about it...

I did it... That old stool cushion I took off the torn cover
I had bought a set... Table covers (2 long pieces for the coffee Table ) and matching Pillow cases... I bough 2 of the coffee table covers and used it to redo the wicker stool...

It now matches my frontroom ensemble...

All I need is a coffee table...






Spring Festival, April 5th 2008- Now this is something I have been looking forward to for months... A small gathering of my neighborhood to join in on the event. A Flower Market so we could get our flowers, grill would be cooking us some food, drinks cakes and music...

I was looking forward to buying flowers and planets for the house and balcony, meeting my neighbors and having a good day... I had bought online a solar light bird feeder and bath and couldnt wiat to ass color to my balacony..

We got up early and went to the center... It was smaller than I thought... I bought cut tulips for my vase...

I have said for some time I wanted some tulips for the house ...

A center piece for the house... I saw the bee and couldnt resist...


You can see them here with my matching table covers. I cut one of the coffee table covers down and made smaller doilies...


I was tickled when looking through the flowers...


My neighbor who speaks French mostly asked me if I wanted anything for the kitchen
and I said no...


I saw they had small potted roses (well they arent true roses but they were beautiful)
So I got them.. One is a lighter pink then the other...

Fire saw a Orchid plant (tiger one) and said this will be beautiful when it blooms but I didn't get it..

I saw they had German Primroses of all kinds of colors and just started picking out pots of color..
I got 5 pots... and one yellow potted Pansy...


and some potting soil.. I saw something called Nelke and said those look like carnations on the name tag but they were called nelke so....

We went home to drop what I had got off and went back later after I looked up online and found out they were carnations (Nelke in german)

So we went back and I got 4 pots and
I got some Italian Basil and Rosemary.. and a Lavender plant

and the Orchid plant that Denis liked.

The food was great and then the "Old Stompers came"
It was New Orleans style music .. I began wishing I had brought my camera so we took my plants/flowers home and left Wulfgar who was being a monster

We went back with Fire's new camera he got for his birthday and he took tons of pictures...

We socialized and had a great time

this morning we got up to find it had snowed my new flowers were covered in snow and ice and some looked half dead
I brought hem all in clean the ice on them and trying to warm them up..
The Lavendar orchid, and promroses looked ok but the carnations were a bit brown
the roses leaves wilted a bit and the snow broke one of the roses off and the pansy looked like there was no saving




I went to take pictures and found most of them look better.. so cross my fingers











I also finally made a sign for our closet (the one that Fire kept saying didnt have one)

I also finish one of my dolls

this is for Beltane...

No comments: