Twitter Me

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Aug 17th 2009 Hölloch

Aug 17th 2009 Hölloch

Okay when my sister in law and her family visited we took them to the caves here. (a href="http://www.trekking.ch/deu/hoehlen.asp">Hölloch) I have been to the calk caves near stugart but this was my fist time here. I was a bit worried because in Stutgart caves they were closing and I couldnt get up the long steps fast enough for the people who work there.. It had been a long way down and I didnt realize it would be so hard going back up the steps...

I think that fear, the fact that unlike Stutgart caves it was dark and had no lights and very little (nearly none) rails for you to hold on to is what caused my panic attack...

Never in my life had I had an attack like that of extreme fear...

Denis was great btw...

So here is how the story begins...


So at first wasnt so bad we all got hard hats with lights...
Denis putting on his helmet
everyone got one


Then we had to climb the side of the gully to get to the mouth of the cave... At first it was okay after while it was a bit hard on me and I didnt like that the railing was a rope along the edge wall
going to cave
the cave entrance
a long way down
outside cave gullly heading to cave

I had to stop a few times to catch my breath...

Then we got to the cave and went in..

cave mouth
getting ready... it was cold so wear a sweater

At first I was fine going down in that black cave with nothing to hold on to.. but at the main steps down ward, I began remembering the other cave and how slippery it was and hard it was to get back up.. added with the dark and only a head light on my hat lighting the way and no hand rails I began to become hysterical... Saying this was stupid and I was stupid for trying this I freaked and cried and Denis stayed with me holding me saying its okay... he let me hang on to him going down and I did it I went down into those caves and back up ...


I am real glad I did and the getting up wasnt as hard as I remember in stutgart.. It was beautiful

There are a few videos that I will upload and then you can see better I think or well hear...
its dark
fossils
water
Höller can fill with water fast
it was very dark
it was very dark
it was very dark
cave dwellers
cave dwellers
cave dwellers
cave dwellers
getting to the end where the mouth is
denis after
denis after


Now the pictures don't give you as much an idea....

but the videos...



Going up to cave mouth




Taking a break we arent even half way up yet...



At the mouth of the cave


when I said dark I meant it!!!!



I mean really really DARK and here that sound its wind coming through the caves from between the cave walls and its strong if you pass between them going from one cave "room" to another




:)

No comments: