Twitter Me

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

If I look several inches shorter...







It is because I went to the bank... (I should sing Ka-ching by Shania Twain)
Because it I am seriously digging a hole underneath me... Okay out bank doesn't have a branch in Zürich so we went to talk about if we have to transfer... My life insurance is threw them and my kids are 25,000 € richer (each one) if I die... If I live to 65... I get all the money I paid plus interest which will go on us a house (if we don't have one already)... I do not want to loose this because we would loose the money I have paid in already... Also we needed to close other insurances and a special retirement fund... (the ones that we know will be void because we no longer live in Germany)

but the most important thing was to take out a loan... We have to come up with 3 months rent for a down payment, 1 months rent... In accordance to our contract to where we live now we have to pay January's rent as well Feb... Plus I have to pay for my daughter to come in June/july... So we took out a loan to pay for these things and I decided (since I could renew my Driver's ID online I would postpone my trip to the US...

We already owe the bank due to court stuff over 9 years and now we owe more...

I was sad because after making this all day, just before bed we received an email... The puppies were born but... only 4 males and I was number 5 on the list for a male puppy...

However she gave me a phone number... Today we called and she has 2 males one is 2 weeks old and the other 3 weeks old

We will go to Frankfurt to see the puppy Dec 17th... If we get him we will bring him home late jan early Feb

Also He is cheaper than the new born puppy (because neither his parents are multi-blue ribbon winners just pure bred Newfoundlander)...

Yesterday the Moving man came to size up our Apartment for moving.. They do not move fish as they said on the phone.. The one thing I was happy to let them do and I have too...

I have to empty it and move the fish they will move the aquarium.. SO we have to rent a car for this...
Our Landlord also had a painter come and see what needed to be done to the apartment...

I and fire read over the contract and I like it... One difference is that the apartment we have now --- the landlord hasn't really done anything to upgrade or renew the bathroom or kitchen in 9 years we were hear and it was that old when we got it...

Our new apartment they renew the stuff after 5 years and gives you (not 1 week like here) 1 month notice...

So to relax today I decided to work on my door hanger... Not sure any one knows but I do decoupage.. I could of learned in school as a fun day activity (when parents volunteered) but I learned Macramé but my mother-in-law does it and taught me....

I did my welcome sign on my door years ago... using paper napkins and such... However the harsh weather has caused it to fade... So I redid it...

LOOKS brand new except the name is green not blue (I think I will repaint it Blue I liked it better)
Because our new apt is inside it shouldn't fade

I also did one for my business when I start...

I couldnt find a willow tree so I decided I would paint one.. My sister has been at me to try painting...



So I covered with napkin and then painted.. (my first try was yuck!)





my second is better...



Here is the finish product...









I have a lot of respect for those who paint.. it isnt easy, of course I cheated and used napkins on the frame but the tree in the center is mine...


3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is interestimg to read about what is happening with you...A Lot, I see!
I was in Zurich for about 3 or 4 hours once...It sur was pretty.....Hoe your move is a smooth one!

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Novy, I tagged you with a meme. Read it all here.

November Rain said...

thanks OOL


I got it jon :P