Twitter Me

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A visit from Murphy....

I try to always be ready for when Murphy comes to visit. He always shows up preaching his law (or a variation of his law at the most inconvenient times..)

However right now I wish Murphy and his law would bother someone else....

As if my move and all was hectic enough (more so than Xmas shopping) now to make it worse.... I AM SICK....

Friday I woke up and thought I had strep throat.. No congestion no stuffy or running nose

All I had was running ears that hurt and I could swallow.. My tonsils was so big I could even swallow down liquids... No scratchy throat just a sore tonsils...

I was hurting so bad I could do what I needed and had planned on my schedule to do...
The next day I woke up and my throat was bleeding (just in the morning) but I still had no other symptoms than the ones above except I did have a 40^c temperature (I am told its a bit high)

My Dr isnt in her office until Monday when I was suppose to go to see my doggie ....

It looked as if I would have to cancel and this was breaking my heart...

So much I have to do and so few days I need to do them in.. Fire is using a vacation week to help but now it looked as if he may be on his own...

Fire wanted me to go to the emergency room but I don't like to go unless its life or death... I sucked down lemon honey Tea that Fire kept watching to make sure my cup stayed full...

He would walk over from his Desk and rub my back...

Sunday though I could swallow and had a scratchy throat running nose and the flu symptoms...

but I was feeling.. well not better I felt sick but I wasn't in pain anymore so we decided to go see the puppy

Monday morning All I had was congestion and a cough from that (tightness in the chest) but the rest was gone...

We rented a car and drove to the Breeder's house... She is a very nice and sweet woman...

We were greeted by her 2 females and male and then were taken up to see the litter...

See the rest on Wulfgar's blog :) :P

there are pictures....

While on our way home... We took a detour and saw a small town which is mostly students and Universities... It had an old coble road it was so nice...

Fire had went there for a party and wanted to show me the town...

while returning Fire got to try out his new toy a Tomtom...

It was great We got to her house and back home with no problems...

I fixed me a hot toddy and went to bed... (Nana's remedy... clear strong alcohol.. lemon juice and honey heated and taken down before bed... trust me it always works..)

fire rubbed my back all last night and this morning.. He is fussing over me again... (yeah I know I love it)
This morning I woke up and cough up some mucus and was fine...

Now if only I can get other things in order...

The Moving companies... Company we want was more expensive by a few hundred €, but Fire's job said we could choose which one we want... So we are going with the one that was more friendly and more informative..

Today we had to go to the bank (AGAIN!) because our down payment and first months rent was rejected... Seems that though Switzerland is the banking country of the world that Citi bank (who doesn't have a branch in Switzerland) can't send money to there either...

So we have to withdraw the money in CHF and hand deliver it when we go to Swiss tomorrow to get our apartment keys

When we get there first they do not have enough CFH at the bank (BTW FYI CFH is Swiss Franc which is the money used in Swiss) .. So we have to go to several different citi banks (5 in total)

Also I want to see our Banker....
Now here is where I and Fire disagree... Originally the plan was to leave our money in citi-bank
See my life insurance for my kids if I die is through them and so is our retirement pensions...

We would loose a lot of money if we closed them now.. So I wanted to keep them and since we have to keep them we were going to keep citi-bank as our bank...

Now they don't have a bank in Swiss and since here they do not give you a paycheck but send you money straight to a bank ...... you need a bank, so we were going to have a small bank there as well....

BUT if citibank is starting this well we can't transfer money to Switzerland then I SAY....
GIVE ME ALL MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

In other words I say withdraw all my money from citibank and close my accounts save the health insurances and and pensions plans....

Fire doesn't want to do this...

So here we are.. Fire being nice small voiced and too polite and me being (well he thought I was being bitchy and I was being aggressive after all it is OUR money)

So we have an appointment to the bank to speak with my banker on Thurs (yes the day I was packing all my personal stuff that I dont want them to pack)

what can I say if I am too tired Thurs after dealing with Citibank then the movers will get to see that big fat women where sex undies too...

My advice... Don't USE citibank... If you can go to another bank... Citibank has a few great people but the majority of them are idiots!

Anyhow I was given a medicine to take and I am feeling a lot better...

Tomorrows plan: Drive to Swiss, get keys... See our new apartment.. find a swiss bank .... check out leasing a car...

Don't look at me... I DONT DRIVE if I can help it but Fire thinks with the dog and being in the mountains it might be best... We certainly have the credit for it...

Our cells phones will be canceled tomorrow everything else I have to write a letter for...



Oh btw you know how I got sick? Thurs I came home and realized I locked my keys in the apartment and had to wait 3 hours in the cold for Fire... Cold wet snowy night air is not good for me...










1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope that things get settled out ant that the rest of the move goes smoothly. I hate moving. We moved in August and I am still trying to unpack.

I hope you feel better soon, Novy, and Happy New Year to you!