Twitter Me

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hello from Switzerland- part 3: Day 2-present

A video missed from part 2--- Day 1


We had to register that we were living here. During this time I found out that you have to buy stickers to put on your trash... In other words you have to pay for your trash to be picked up but not recyclables... There is bins and days depending on what it is...

This is a good idea as it encourages people to recycle...


I returned home and finished unpacking the kitchen and moved on to the dining room and Hall closet...

Our clothes smelled like moth balls from the boxes so I am having to re-wash everything

For 2 weeks and a day I have been hustling to unpack everything... I finished the last box today.
Fire still has boxes...

We had problems with Swiss.com... first they sent us the wrong start up kit... Then the right one needed an adapter cord for the wall

Fire bought one expensive but we discovered the line wasn't connected...

We had to call an electrician to connect us and he put a new plug in (a more modern one)


Then our mail wasn't coming... we found out it was because (and this is only here in Benglen) our town doesn't get their post at the door they get a PO box that their mail goes to only packages are delivered at the door...

So we had to register with the Swiss Post


My Dishwasher is broke and will be replaced with a new one Tues

Fire tried to hang my paper towel thing in the kitchen which has to be screwed

He has a Black and decker power screw-driver/drill and the wall was so hard he broke the bit...

The nails bent... and never went in.. We bought steel nails I bought huge big nails (they all bent)

So most of my walls are Evil concrete like that won't let you hang anything...

Only my hallway, toilet room, one wall in the bathroom, and one wall in the computer room can anything be hung

So that has depressed me...

I have to call a carpenter (handy man) to hang my hangers and stuff so maybe he can help...

Food here is expensive... 1 can of beans the ones you get 3 for 1.29 in the US was what would be about 4 dollars here

Fruits and veggies are cheap though


The day I got the phone my sister-in-law (Kodiak's wife) went in labor She had her baby Jan 25th at 5pm EST
He was 7 lbs and 1 ounce

We get Wulfgar this Sunday.. I am so excited...

He needs his Rabies shot at 12 weeks but can not travel to another country for 30 days after so we have to get him before he is 12 weeks...

Fire wanted another week but I didn't so I am happy...

okay sneak peak at my new home now that I am unpacked... The only thing that was broken was the DVD player and a DVD which are insured:

Videos----


Welcome

Front room

dining room


kitchen

hall way


Bathroom and Toilet room

bedroom


massage room


washroom

keller/cellar


Sat Jan 26th 2008-

We went and got the new furniture from Fly...
The couch was perfect...

ATOLL
BETTSOFA (RUECKENLEHNE ABKLAP- BAR). STRUKTUR: KIEFER, BUCHE, SP, FP. MATRATZE AUS SCHAUM- STOFF UND BONNEL-FEDERN. LIEGEFLAECHE 140X190X D.10CM. LATTENROST MIT 14 SCHICHTVER- LEIMTEM LATTEN AUF PVC END- STUECKEN. SITZ UND RUECKEN- LEHNE: SCHAUMSTOFF UND KUNSTSTOFFWATTIERUNG. STOFF SCHWARZ/BLUMEN. FUESSE AUS ALU. (77777723)
L 228 cm x H 79 cm x T 90 cm

For my knick-knacks we found the perfect side shelves. They were better than what we went to go look at.

(which wasn't on their online catalogue)

The divider was nice too but we decided to wait because we might get a bar if we find a nice one later...






The Entertainment Center was a bit or a disappointment. (it was brown not black) but when we went to Ikea
We found a perfect one, it's new so not on thier online store but here is what it kind of looks like only it is black and has mirrors on the doors and is ALOT more CHF (swiss $ )
BESTÅ/ INREDA Mediaaufbewahrung mit Schiebetüren

After we went to go to Quality Pet to get some things for Wulfgar... Since we were getting him the next day but they were closed :(

We got some food (temp) and other temp things for him but fortunately the breeder gave a new arrive package that incuded food for him for the first day...


Jan 27th, 2008

We went and got Wulfgar... I couldn't believe how big he was...


Dec 18th 2007

Jan 27th 2008

read more and see pictures...

1 comment:

... Paige said...

Hello from Texas. The beans are expensive but how's the price on the chocolate?
I hope you enjoy your new home.
BTW-Michele sent me and she sends you her best, as do I.