Twitter Me

Monday, February 11, 2008

Bury me here When I die, for I am truely home!

I was going to post the title one mans trash is another mans treasure as I explain how my neighbor threw out a wicker stool cushion and I grabbed it.. The wicker part is great like new but the cushion needs to be reupholstered... so it is time for me to buy some fabric that matches my couch and break out ma sewing machine and craft items... but something else happened which is why I am muddy and wet with stains of green moss..

Here it is:
In my small community of Benglen we are surround by forest (a tree farm in some part) There is an entrance as you come into Benglen and toward the end of the apartment buildings...

If you enter at the end and follow a pebble road around you eventually come to a fork... Go right and you go to the town Fällanden which is our main town
go left and it snakes around to the beginning entrance.

Last week (Thurs) it was such a warm and nice day Woofy and I went for a walk on this pebble road in the center through the woods entering at the end and coming at at the beginning of Benglen's entrance.. Now shortly after the fork this pebble road runs along a Gully.

As we walked I heard the babbling of a brook I peeked over.. It didn't look that far down and looked interesting but I told woofy next time... I heard peep climbing out at the end so I thought okay next time we go down in the beginning come up in the end rather than taking the pebble road

Well today was next time and I try to keep my promises even if to a dog. (now remember when we went on vacation to france and I saw those waterfalls? it was about 2 years ago in april, just before Denis bought me some hiking boots. He did it because when in England my ankles swelled so we got me something that would help support them.. His words when he seen the price, "You are going to have to use them, I mean do some walking okay." Well today I got my money worth and btw they are the only thing I wear Johnnie Walker's best and most comfy I know)

So back to our walk.. As we entered in the distant one could here the machines of the tree farmers tending the forest

Woofy was scared but I promised him again we would try to go down to that stream..

So we come to the tight trail leading down and I have him on a short leash because I don't want him falling down the side it is a way down there...
we come to a pave work road (possibly for the tree farmers) and we head OFF road into the woods and trees... Down we go until I reach the brook (which is rapidly moving over rocks and is about ankle to calve high in places and floor high in others...

Woofy went crazy, chasing the running water running in an out and I knelt down to wash the mud from hands where I had to climb down to the stream and the water was Freezer freezing cold my hands turned blue

"Woofy get out of the water its too cold and its still cold out ..." I yell but he isnt listening.. he is having fun
Okay so I remember his breed is bred for cold weather and swimmers
I remember the Newfies that were at the oyster farms in france freezing weather and water

so maybe it isnt cold to him...

So I follow him climbing over rocks on a really good hike through a green moss and huge face size mushroom gully

We come to a place where a steam of water rushes down from rocky steps making a very baby small waterfall next to a huge sofa size rock covered in moss
filling a wash tub size basin of water which woofy drinks from and I think man why didn't I bring the camera
Woofy finds me a walking stick my size with green moss on it which I use

it was breathtaking so we explore more

I find stones moved in a circle for a campfire but we continue down the rushing gushing stream moving against the current

Halfway across there is no more land for me to walk just rocks in the small stream and brook and huge walls on both sides but my feet are dry and I am doing good (oh I love hiking- I am thinking)

Just then Woofy starts to whimper and wants out of the water I look at him and he is shaking from the cold...

I have no choice but to carry him...

"Oh baby, Don't worry we are almost to the end and we will go up get home and towel you off.." I say as I carry him

I am wearing the sweater (cranberry one) that was once Daddy's that I wear all the time (my favorite) and it is getting dirty but I cant let my baby freeze

Up a head the water sounds gets louder and I look and.....


Up a head the water sounds gets louder and I look and.....

Its a dead end! I stand with giant stone walls facing me and around me with the only way out the way I came but OMG the site because rushing down from the towering 20 feet walls was a small water fall I could have stood under it and had a shower

It was like Paradise.... I put woofy on a rock and I sat admiring this gully with green moss and ferns and huge mushrooms and so upset that I forgot my camera because I knew I wouldnt be able to come back until woofy was older and it was warmer

I pulled woofy inside my sweater getting muddy and wet trying to warm him as I rested...

I couldn't carry him and my walking stick...

So I laid it down at the foot of the falls and carried woofy back...

When I got past the towering straight up and down walls of rock I tried to go up the sides ... They were steep and I was climbing on all fours in mud and wet moss carrying a 25 pound puppy

Getting further wet and muddy

then it happened I slide back down on my butt as if I wasn't muddy enough.. Daddys sweater was covered and I cried...

"Stupid ... just Stupid." I cried as woofy licked my tears...

Soon he got excited as the land we could walk on beside the brook returned...
We were back at where we came down and started for home

When we got home it was 15:30 we left at 12:30




I told Fire and he said Saturday we are going back so I will take pictures
but I am in love I want to stay here forever and ever
bury me at the bottom of that gully at the falls

No comments: